There is an excellent team of community nursing staff comprising of a Community Nurses and Community Nursing Assistants.
They provide nursing services for our housebound patients including;
- Wound dressing and management
- Acute/chronic illness management
- Continence care/assessment
- Palliative care for patients with cancer
- Catheter management problems.
Referrals to the district nurses can be made by the patients Doctor, Social Services and Hospitals when they are discharging the patient home.