How we use your medical records
Important information for patients
- This practice handles medical records in-line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We may share medical records with those who are involved in providing you with care and treatment, sharing is subject to strict sharing agreements on how it is used.
- In some circumstances we will also share medical records for medical research, for example to find out more about why people get ill.
- We share information when the law required us to do so, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
- You have the right to be given a copy of your medical record.
- You have the right to object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care.
- You have the right to have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioner’s office. Please see the practice privacy notice below or speak to a member of staff for more information about your rights
B&PMP Privacy notice